ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY
Established in 1916, we are a small, rural community in western Pennsylvania. Our location, south of I-80 in Clarion County, between New Bethlehem and Brookville, allows our Town to evoke a quiet and comfortable charm and a rural quality of life while still being able to access quality entertainment, business, and industry.
Our beautiful and scenic natural resources boast plenty of recreational activities while still maintaining respite from life’s pressures and a place to seek solitude. The Redbank Valley Trails and waterways were once home to railroads/industrial mills, but now provide a place for year round recreational activities…including fishing, hunting, boating, camping, biking, hiking, and much more!
Our community is tied together through traditional family values and a sincere sense of community. Our municipality is proud of its citizens and the way they demonstrate their willingness to invest in the future of their community.
Hawthorn Borough Council meets on the first Tuesday at 7 PM at the Borough Building at 3784 Main Street, Hawthorn. Meetings are open to the public.
We would like to encourage you to explore our website, and also come and explore our wonderful community and see what we have to offer.
If you find there is information missing from our site or that it is hard to find, please contact Hawthorn Borough Council. Your comments are important to our continued development of this website.
NOTICES / REMINDERS
- Burning hours are Monday Wednesday and Saturday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- Now that spring is approaching please remember that grass, weeds and other vegetation can not exceed 8 inches.
- A building permit is required for any building 6ft x 8 ft or larger and can be purchased at the borough building.
- Spring cleanup will be on Saturday 5/6/17